Monday, April 2, 2012

The Sisterhood of the Matching Pants

I love fashion, or what I believe to be fashion.
Oh, how I long to be one of those beautiful models wearing those gorgeous Haute Couture clothes, as I flip through my Vogue and InStyle magazine. Sadly, even if I could afford these highly sought-after labels I would have to keep dreaming because I could not fit in them.

Why am I seeking something I just can't have?
Even when I was a size 0, I would have to wear ill-fitting slacks, usually with an expandable waistband, just to fit them over my curvy thighs and apple bottom. My slacks become intimate with my legs while my waistband becomes detached around my "too thin" waist. I look in the mirror and wonder "where are the bottom of my legs"? "Oh, there they are, lost in a long trail of fabric". My 5'0" stature is swallowed whole by the material.
However, these adventures while shopping have allowed me to discover a hidden talent that might have not been known to me if I was not shaped this way. I have become my own tailor/seamstress.
The fun is just beginning as I'm off to find a matching blouse.
Tapered around the arms...NO! Short waist...STAY AWAY! Button Down...FORGET IT!
I start to wonder if the joke will ever end, so I regress, cross my fingers and hope this one will fit. Always an optimist, I decide..."It'll have to do".

I have become a pro in ecclectic style because trying to find any predetermined matching "sets" is a cruel joke, as this has been proven to me while trying to find anything other than a one piece swimsuit.
Have you ever had to switch out the top and bottom of a bikini just to get the right fit on both ends?
So, I pose this question to you....Sisters, where are the matching pants?


Jessica J.

No comments:

Post a Comment