Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How much PASSION do you put into your fashion?

I am here to represent and support all those fearless fashionistas' and nisters'. I am always seeking that next dress or outfit that can outshine the last one.
I don't like to follow trends, I like to create them.
Fashion is not just clothing and accessories, it is a state of mind, it is art. I wear what I feel like inside. It is who I am. I live it, breathe it, think about it, and create it. It is the outer shell to our inner core. Don't we all judge people by what they wear? And from this misconception, don't we believe we know all about that person?
Are you wondering why you're not getting that job or that promotion in your current field? According to a Newsweek study, up to 85% of employers judge the potential candidate by what they wear and how they look. Unfortunately, this is a fact of life, and based on this staggering number it is not an uncommon practice. However, it is also something that I believe, we don't even know we're doing. Based on my own experiences, I know this to be true. I have had off days with mixed reviews, or down-right harsh criticism, but this is how I form my art and push the envelope, if you will. I ALWAYS however, get a comment. For this, it is all worth it!
 So, my advice to you,  is to always pay attention to what you wear. Sometimes, the clothes wear you. It doesn't have to do with the labels. It has to do with your "style". Be wary of your surroundings and environment and dress accordingly, but also, do not be afraid to showcase yourself.

Jessica J.

No comments:

Post a Comment