Friday, April 6, 2012

Building Women Up Through Fashion

Hello Fashionistas' and nisters. I try my hardest to be upbeat and optimistic every day, but it is very difficult when I feel like I'm constantly being judged. As I have proclaimed before...I bleed fashion. However, I have also become my own enemy with it. Though, I don't think that I will ever stop trying to make my own mark, I do get discouraged from time-to-time. I believe that our looks define us and tell our stories to the people who surround us. With that being said, I know that I am looked at in a certain way when I am wearing dresses and 5+ inch heels. But, I want to know...Why are people so uncomfortable with it? Why, as a society, haven't we got past this? With celebrities like Madonna and Lady Gaga paving the way, why are we still so sensitive to pieces of material on our bodies?

I have noticed that women are the most judgemental of all. As women, we should understand the need to express ourselves through our looks. Especially since it is ingrained in us, practically from birth. Unfortunately, that is the hard truth and it is not going to change, so we need to embrace it and stop judging. This is proven through the astounding revenue that the fashion industry pulls in every year. I think that it all boils down to self-esteem. Women who are intimidated by other women usually don't feel comfortable in their own skin so they take it out on others who do. I admit that I don't have the highest self-esteem myself, but I can testify that I have always gone to the mat for people that dare to self-express through their style and their bodies.

So, come on ladies...and gents. Let's start building women up and STOP tearing them down. Let's be proud of what we have. Let's all band together and start a new revolution!
TO BE PROUD, ACCENTUATE  and FLAUNT it, no matter what you got.

Jessica J.

No comments:

Post a Comment